(collectively, our "Applications") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to the information we collect:
- Through our Applications.
- In an email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us, or you and third parties you exchange using our Applications.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or applications operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Applications.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Applications. By accessing or using our Applications, you agree to this Policy.
PLATFORM is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Applications.
We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us Personal Information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us Personal Information, please Contact Us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The following data is collected through our Applications by or on behalf of Rentmania:Data provided by users
. This includes:
Data created during the use of our services
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license, and other government identification documents (which may indicate document numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo) or any other information which may identify you ("Personal Information" or “PII”)
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys.
- User Content: We collect the information users submit when they contact our customer support, provide ratings or comments for other users or third parties, or otherwise contact us. This may include feedback, photographs, or other recordings collected by users.
. This includes:
Data from other sources
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, vehicle details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method.
- Usage Data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems, and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and us through our Applications. To provide this service, we receive and collect data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. We may also use this data for customer support services (including resolving disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
. This includes:
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- User’s feedback, such as ratings and comments
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes
- Our business partners through which users create or access their account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use our Applications or whose applications we use
- Publicly available sources, and
- Marketing service providers
As you navigate through and interact with our Applications, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Applications, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Applications.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Applications and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Applications according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Applications.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash or Session Cookies. Certain features of our Applications may use local stored objects (Flash or Session cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Applications. These cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to use the Site, you cannot refuse them.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Information to: provide the Applications and services through our Applications; maintain the security and safety of our Applications and its users; provide customer support; improve the Applications; and respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
- Providing the Applications and Services. We use your Personal Information to provide an intuitive, useful, efficient, and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your Personal Information to: verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences; communicate with you and collect feedback about your experience; facilitate services and programs with third parties; offer, process, or facilitate payments for our and third-party services and maintaining the security and safety of the Applications and its users.
- Maintaining Safety and Security. To do this, we use your Personal Information to: authenticate users; find and prevent fraud, and block and remove unsafe or fraudulent users from the Applications.
- Building and Maintaining the PLATFORM community. Rentmania works to be a positive part of the community. We may use your Personal Information to: communicate with you about events, promotions, elections, and campaigns; personalize and provide content, experiences, communications, and advertising to promote and grow the Applications. We may also use your PII to deliver advertisements and marketing communications to you that we believe may be of interest.
- Customer Support. We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your Personal Information to: investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Applications; and provide you support or respond to you.
- Improving the Applications. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your Personal Information to: perform research, testing, and analysis; develop new features and services; prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and another modeling.
- Responding to Legal Proceedings. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your Personal Information to respond to those demands or obligations
- Third-Party Ads. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rentmania's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Rentmania about our Applications’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including without limitation disclosure to other users to enable the provision of services through the Platform.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rentmania, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
As explained more below and on our Applications, we provide ways for you to access and delete your personal information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your personal information.
- All Users
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages.
- Text Messages; Push Notifications. You can opt-out of receiving text messages and/or push notifications through your device settings or by contacting us as provided below (“Contact Us”). Note that opting out of receiving texts may impact your use of the Applications.
- Profile Information. You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
- Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact our ability to provide you with our full range of features and services.
- Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Applications.
- Do Not Track. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. Our website does not currently support Do Not Track requests at this time.
- Deleting Your Account. If you would like to delete your account, you may do so through your account settings on the Applications. In some cases, we will be unable to delete your accounts, such as if there is an issue with your account related to trust, safety, or fraud. When we delete your account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. For example, we may retain your information to resolve open insurance or payment claims, or we may be obligated to retain your information as part of an open legal claim. When we retain such data, we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for other purposes.
- Exercising Your Rights. You may exercise rights through your account on our Applications. In addition, you may write to us to exercise your rights. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your use of the Applications, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. To respond to some rights, we will need to verify your request either by asking you to log in and authenticate your account or otherwise verify your identity by providing information about yourself or your account. Authorized agents can make a request on your behalf if you have given them legal power of attorney or you provide signed permission, verification of your identity, and confirmation that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
- California Residents.
If you live in California, you have the right to (1) request that we disclose what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell; (2) request deletion of Personal Information; (3) opt out of the sale of Personal Information; and (4) not receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising these rights. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. To make a request on your behalf, an authorized agent may Contact Us in writing with proof of your written and signed permission to do so. Please note, that we may require you to verify your identity and confirm that you gave permission.
- Requests to Know. California residents have the right to request that we disclose the following information:
- Specific Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, disclosed about you for a business purpose, or sold;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Categories of third parties with whom we share or sell Personal Information; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling Personal Information.
To make such a request, please Contact Us. In order to verify your request, We may require you to provide additional information to confirm your identity.
- Requests to Delete. California residents have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we collected and maintain, subject to certain exceptions. To make such a request, please Contact Us. In order to verify your request, We may require you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Once we verify your request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information, unless an exception applies.
- Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. To make such a request, please Contact Us by email.
- “Shine the Light” Request. California residents may also have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please Contact Us.
- Nevada Residents. Nevada residents may have the right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information we have collected or will collect. To make such a request, please Contact Us.
We have put in place commercially-reasonable security systems intended to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personal Information, and we take reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Personal Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. With that said, there is no such thing as 100% security of the networks, servers, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. Before submitting any Personal Information via the Applications, please be aware of these inherent risks and understand that you do so at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Applications like messages or comment boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Applications.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, or to register a complaint or concern, please Contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: 10/05/2022
© 2022 Hugs And Words. All Rights Reserved